May 17, 2016

R-1 Visa Entitlements

An R-1 visa gives permission from the U.S government to the holder to live and work in the US temporarily. An R-1 visa is usually or commonly granted for an initial period of 3 years after which extensions may be granted. Religious workers with an R-1 visa are permitted dual intent, meaning the applicant can maintain R-1 visa status while applying for a to remain in the U.S. permanently.

The Spouses and unmarried children of the R-1 visa holder, under the 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (R-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. However, the U.S government does not give permission to accompanying spouses and children of R-1 visa holders to work or study in the United States without obtaining an appropriate work or student visa.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.