May 17, 2016

P-1 Visa Entitlements

A P-1 visa entitles the holder to participate in an event or a series of events in the United States. A P-1 visa is usually granted to entertainers for the duration of their specific event only and will not exceed 1 year. However, individual athletes may be admitted for up to 5 years and a team athlete for up to 1 year and extensions may be granted. Internationally recognized athletes and entertainers with a P-1 visa are permitted dual intent, meaning the applicant can maintain P-1 visa status while applying for a to remain in the US permanently.
Essential support personnel wishing to accompany P-1 visa applicants may be eligible to apply for a P-1 visa if their skills and experience are essential to the principal applicant’s performance.
Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (P-4 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States but are not entitled to undertake any employment without obtaining an appropriate work visa.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.