May 17, 2016

M-1 Visa Entitlements

An M-1 visa entitles the holder to undertake vocational study in the U.S. at an accredited educational institution. An M-1 visa is usually granted for the duration of the course to a maximum of one year and extensions may be granted. An M-1 visa also entitles the holder to engage in practical training or related temporary employment upon completion of their course.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (M-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. An accompanying spouse cannot accept employment or engage in study without obtaining an appropriate work or student visa, but accompanying children are entitled to attend primary and secondary school in the US.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.