May 17, 2016

L-1 Visa Entitlements

An L-1 visa entitles the holder to live and work in the US temporarily. An L-1 visa is usually granted for 3 years if the company is already established in the US or 1 year for a new company. Extensions of an L-1 visa may be granted. Intercompany transferees with an L-1 visa are permitted dual intent, meaning the applicant can maintain L-1 visa status while applying for a to remain in the US permanently.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (L-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States without obtaining a student visa and accompanying spouses may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.