May 17, 2016

K-1 Visa Entitlements

A K-1 visa entitles the holder to travel to the U.S. to marry their U.S. fiancé. A K-1 visa is only valid for 90 days and extensions cannot be granted. The K-1 visa holder is required to marry their US fiancé within this 90 day period or leave the United States on the expiration of the said visa duration. Once married, the K-1 visa holder is entitled to apply for a and remain in the U.S. while the application is processed. Foreign fiancés may undertake employment in the U.S. with an approved employment authorization.

Unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (K-2 visa) to accompany their parent to the U.S. for the wedding and are entitled to apply for a to become a permanent resident after the marriage.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.