May 17, 2016

J-1 Visa Requirements for Trainees

A J-1 visa entitles the holder to participate in a professional training program in the U.S. A J-1 visa for trainees is usually granted for the duration of the approved program (typically up to two years) and extensions are not required for as long as the visa holder continues to participate in the training program.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (J-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the U.S. and may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

The U.S. Trainee visa program comprises a range of temporary, non-immigrant visas that permit trainees to come to the U.S. to participate in structured training programs with U.S corporations and organizations in their field of interest or expertise.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.