May 17, 2016

J-1 Visa Entitlements for Summer Work Travel

A J-1 visa entitles the holder to travel and engage in temporary work in the U.S. during their summer vacation. A J-1 visa for summer work travel is usually granted for a maximum of four months and students must return to their home country before the start of college/university.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (J-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the U.S. and may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.