May 17, 2016

J-1 Visa Entitlements for Secondary School Students

A J-1 visa entitles the holder to participate in a Secondary school student exchange program in the U.S. while living with an American host family or boarding school. A J-1 visa for Secondary school students is usually granted for a maximum of 1 year and extensions cannot be granted. A J-1 visa for secondary students does not entitle the holder to engage in any employment, with the exception of occasional work such as baby-sitting.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.