May 17, 2016

J-1 Visa Entitlement for University Students

A J-1 visa entitles the holder to participate in a University student exchange program in the U.S. A J-1 visa for University students is usually granted for the duration of the degree program or a maximum of 2 years for non-degree programs. A J-1 visa also entitles the holder to engage in part-time employment under certain conditions, including good academic standing at their school, as determined by their sponsor.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (J-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the U-S and may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.