May 17, 2016

J-1 Visa Entitlement for Professors

A J1 visa entitles the holder to participate in a Professor Exchange program with a U.S. sponsoring institution. A J-1 visa for a Professor exchange is usually granted for a maximum of 3 years and extensions may be granted to complete a specific research activity.

Spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (J-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States and may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.