May 17, 2016

J-1 Entitlements for Specialists

A J-1 visa entitles the holder to observe, consult or demonstrate specific skills in the U.S. for a sponsoring organization. A J-1 visa is usually granted for the duration of the sponsorship (typically one year) and extensions are not required for as long as the visa holder continues to provide specialized knowledge for their sponsor.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (J-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the U.S. and may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.