May 17, 2016

J-1 Entitlements for Short-Term Scholars

A J-1 visa entitles the holder to participate in a Short-Term Scholar exchange program with a U.S. sponsoring organization. A J-1 visa for a Short-Term Scholar exchange is usually granted for a maximum of 6 months and extensions cannot be granted.

Spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (J-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States and may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.