May 17, 2016

F-1 Visa Entitlements

An F-1 visa entitles the holder to study in the U.S. at an accredited educational institution. An F-1 visa is usually granted for the duration of the course and F-1 visa holders are entitled to remain in the U.S. as long as they continue to meet their visa requirements. An F-1 visa also entitles the holder to engage in limited authorized employment while in the US subject to certain restrictions.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (F-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. An accompanying spouse cannot accept employment or engage in study without obtaining an appropriate work or student visa, but accompanying children are entitled to attend primary and secondary school in the U.S.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.