May 17, 2016

E-2 Visa Entitlements

An E-2 visa entitles the holder to live and work in the U.S. temporarily. An E-2 visa is usually granted for an initial period of 2 years and extensions may be granted. A treaty investor or employee may only work in the activity that was approved when the visa was granted. Any substantive changes in the investment or the organization’s characteristics must continue to meet the E-2 visa requirements and be approved by the USCIS.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (E-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the U.S. without obtaining a student visa and accompanying spouses may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.