May 17, 2016

J-1 Visa Entitlements for Teachers

A J-1 visa for teachers entitles the holder to participate in a Teacher exchange program in the US. A J-1 visa for teachers is usually granted for a maximum of six years provided the applicant continues to teach in an accredited primary or secondary school through their program sponsor.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (J-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the US and may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.